by Robert Verkaik
Ahmad suffered 73 injuries in ‘ferocious’ assault at hands of Met police before being imprisoned without trial for eight years
Computer expert from London spent eight years in prison in the UK without charge and was later extradited to the US.
An exceptionally moving and informative film, 'Extradition', directed by Turab Shah, tells the tale of Babar Ahmed and Talha Ahsan who have been kept in prison without trial, and face extradition to the US, a country they have never set foot in.
This could be our last chance to save Babar and Talha. Act today, don’t delay before it’s too late. Every second counts.
1. Email the DPP and your MP today. If you’ve written once, write again.
2. Get every member of your family to do the same.
3. Ensure one friend per day minimum to do the same.
4. Get 10 members of your constituency to write an open letter to your MP in the local paper.
5. Arrange a delegation to visit your MP.
6. Write to every national paper which has covered the case calling fo a UK trial.
Full details at http://tinyurl.com/9oyl88z
Statement from Keir Starmer QC, the Director of Public Prosecutions:
Rt Hon Sadiq Khan MP has written to the Director of Public Prosecutions at the CPS regarding the private prosecution of Babar Ahmad and Talhah Ahsan, put forward by Karl Watkins.
A copy of that letter can be downloaded here.
Ashfaq Ahmad responds to Karl Watkins's announcement to prosecute his son.
URGENT ALERT: Support Karl Watkins' Private Prosecution of Babar Ahmad and Talha Ahsan - http://tinyurl.com/9oyl88z.